Chettinad Biryani Recipe
• 1/2kg Chicken medium size pieces
|• Marinade the chicken with the items given in "For Marination" for an hour.
• Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes in water. Then drain the water. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the rice till it does not stick to the pan in medium fire.
• Heat ghee and cookin oil in a vessel and add the items given in "For Seasoning".
• Now add the onion, chilies and tomato. Saute for a while and then add the marinated chicken pieces. Saute in medium heat for 2 minutes.
• Cover and cook the chicken in reduced heat.
• Now add the coconut milk along with two cups of water(take into account the water already in the vessel). Leave it to boil • Now add Salt and the rice.
• Reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or cook till all the water gets absorbed.
• Keep the vessel in low heat. Heat a pan and close the vessel with this hot pan for 5 minutes. Repeat it twice. Biryani will be rightly cooked.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Chettinad Chicken Biryani with Thayir Pachadi or Boiled Egg or Ennai Kathirikkai.