Puli Munchi Recipe
• 12 pieces of fish (especially sardines or mackerel)
• 1 Onion chopped lengthwise
• 10 -12 Bydagi Chillies (or Red Chillies)
• 1 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
• pich of turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1/4 tsp Methi seeds
• 1 tsp Mustard seeds
• 1 tsp Fennel seeds
• 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
• 1 lemon sized tamarind
• Curry leaves
• Salt to taste
|• Soak the tamarind in water for about an hour and extract the pulp.
• Dry roast the chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds and turmeric.
• Heat little oil in a pan and roast the onions, ginger garlic paste.
• Use little water and grind the above 3 steps to a fine thick paste.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves.
• When they splutter, add the paste, salt and bring it to a boil.
• Add the fish and cook for 10mins.
• Serve hot with rice.